Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Let's get started

You need to pick a name for your business. Now remember that name belongs to you. It will follow you. You will want a name that represents YOU! What type of message do you want to convey to others.Brand yourself.Express yourself.Look around you. What do you see? You want something that will make you stand out.

After you pick out your name you will then have to pick a domain name . What is a domain name? A domain name is a what follows httpp//://wwwanyname you address on the web.Make it catchy but above all try to make it short .

Next, do a reseach on the name you picked . Don't make the mistake I did. I picked a name that belonged to someone else. Idid not know you should check not just locally but nationally.

You then may consider to have your company obtain a LLC. a LLC is A Limited Liability Company which in other words protects your personal assets.I work with a company called My New Company http://www.mynewcompany.com/idevaffiliate/idevaffiliate.php?id=1179who guided me through the LLC process.I picked a name which I found out belonged to someone esle AND I could not cash my check that I receieved. Lucky they were small enough that I was able to get them reprocessed.My New Company helped me pick a new name .I thank God my company has a LLC because it gives peace of mind.
Posted by A GUIDE TO STARTING A HOME BASED BUSINESS at 7:17 AM

0 comments:
Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

No comments: